Ubuntu Upgades??

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
Pythzor
Level 3
Level 3

Ubuntu Upgades??

Post by Pythzor »

Hello all,

In LMDE 201204, when I go to synaptic package manager>settings>repositories>updates, at the bottom of the dialog box is the option "Notify me of a new Ubuntu version:" and then there are even three options, " Any new version," "For long-term support versions," and "Never."

Is this merely a cosmetic reminder that LMDE is as much like the main edition as possible only based on Debian or does apt actually do something when a new Ubuntu version comes out?

Just curious.
Screenshot-8.png
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Intel Core2 Duo, 3.0 GHz, 6 GB ram, 160 GB hdd; Ultimate Edition Oz Unity Star Sapphire (discontinued Ubuntu 14.04 remix that I've been able to upgrade to a 16.04 base); Linux Mint 18.2/Mate.
M_aD
Level 4
Level 4

Re: Ubuntu Upgades??

Post by M_aD »

As far is i know it's a bug in Debian 7 Wheezy (testing) itself. A while back when i had Wheezy with gnome 3 on this machine and it showed up there too. It's not a LMDE specific bug.
It's up to the Debian dev's to fix that cosmetic flaw, once this is fixed it might be corrected throught a UP update in a few months.
Pythzor
Level 3
Level 3

<SOLVED> Re: Ubuntu Upgades??

Post by Pythzor »

:mrgreen: Thank you for sating my curiosity. And thank you for taking the time to do so.

Cheers
Intel Core2 Duo, 3.0 GHz, 6 GB ram, 160 GB hdd; Ultimate Edition Oz Unity Star Sapphire (discontinued Ubuntu 14.04 remix that I've been able to upgrade to a 16.04 base); Linux Mint 18.2/Mate.

Return to “LMDE Archive”