Kmail: location of email and config files

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
dpeirce

Kmail: location of email and config files

Post by dpeirce »

A possibly newbie question about Kmail as used in Mint 14 KDE:

I've installed Kmail, but want to use the old configuration and email files that I used in another distro (for continuity, and so I don't lose those emails) by symlinking from a data partition which contains the files. The other distro placed its email files at /home/user/Mail, and its configuration files at ~/.kde/share/apps/kmail, and symlinking worked well. However, in Mint, Kmail ignores symlinks in those locations and opens fresh - without my emails. I can do without the config files, but I need those emails.

Also, because I may go back and forth between distros, I don't want to simply copy the emails to the Mint partition. I don't know where to put them anyway.

After installing Kmail, I looked in synaptic under "installed files" and didn't find anything.

Help finding out where to put my Kmail symlinks in Mint 14 is appreciated.

In faith, Dave
Viva Texas
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
eyemeansit

Re: Kmail: location of email and config files

Post by eyemeansit »

I'm not absolutely certain this is the right folder... (came here looking for the definitive answer myself!), but it might be /home/username/.local/share/local-mail.

Return to “Software & Applications”