Change the user face pic shown in mdm [SOLVED]

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
enigmaymee

Change the user face pic shown in mdm [SOLVED]

Post by enigmaymee »

I have linuxmint 13 xfce installed and I have multiple users who use this computer. I've changed the mdm layout to a face browser but I can't figure out where to change the face at.

I thought that if I installed mate-control-center and mate-system-tools i'd be able to do it with either "Users and Groups" or "About me" but the users and groups app doesnt have it and the about me app i can't seem to find. I also tried saving a pic as .face in one of the users home dir.

Any ideas?

Thanks!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
altair4
Level 20
Level 20

Re: Change the user face pic shown in mdm

Post by altair4 »

Open up a terminal and type:

Code: Select all

mdmphotosetup
Clicking on the picture in the center of the dialog box will bring up "Select User Image" where you can select the picture you want to use. It automatically resizes everything and places it in the .face file in your home directory.
Please add a [SOLVED] at the end of your original subject header if your question has been answered and solved.
enigmaymee

Re: Change the user face pic shown in mdm [SOLVED]

Post by enigmaymee »

Many thanks. That's exactly what I was looking for.

*Extremely pleased new Mint user

Return to “Xfce”