Internet light turning ret on router when downloading

Questions about Wi-Fi and other network devices, file sharing, firewalls, connection sharing etc
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Wolver

Internet light turning ret on router when downloading

Post by Wolver »

Hello i only recently installed linux mint 13, i'm dual booting with windows 7. My internet is working fine in windows 7 but when i try to download anything in linux be it something using the software manager firefox or jost updates the internet light on my router turns red and i lose my connection to the internet. I'm using the TG789vn router. Very new to linux so plz dont yell too much.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
bobby-14304

Re: Internet light turning ret on router when downloading

Post by bobby-14304 »

I have a similar problem...The internet light on my westell 7500 router is on ...I turn on my Mint 13 Maya 64 bit machine and I can watch the internet light on my modem go off.....It will come back on in 5 minutes or so and my internet works perfectly... any suggestions from anyone
Bob
BrowserXL

Re: Internet light turning ret on router when downloading

Post by BrowserXL »

Hmmm. I had a similar problem with my line some time ago, but it turned out to be a provider issue. I called Vodafone and they fixed it. It seems that an access port went nuts and a reset worked a charm.

Return to “Networking”