This post is somewhat verbose for the benefit of the not so experienced
I can confirm I had the same issue running Debian Wheezy Xfce 7.5 (fresh install), I have official Wheezy backports and Wheezy dmo enabled already anyway (some apps need newer versions of dependencies), as suggested in earlier posts (upgrade python-cups), I opened Synaptic, pasted python-cups in the xapian search and found version 1.9.48-1.1 installed, (close all printing dialogues before
doing this) while the package was highlighted in the Synaptic list, went to the menu... Package/Force Version...drop down/selected 1.9.63-1~bpo70+1 (wheezy-backports), clicked Force Version button, the error was gone immediately after installing. By individually forcing versions I won't get a whole huge mess of backports versions installed, I am trying to keep my install as stock and stable as possible, aside from the fact I
messed up my last install (if it aint broke, I'll break it, lol), I too can get sick of messing around, wasting time and bandwidth.
I also test printed (LibreOffice, mousepad, gedit and several web pages in Iceweasel) before finishing the writing of this post, no change in quality/performance (good), mind you, gedit prints better than mousepad, lol.
Edited for minor corrections.
AMD FX-8350, Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 (rev. 4.0), 2x120GB SATA 3 SSDs, 2 storage HDDs, 2x8GB Kingston HyperX Fury DDR3, Radeon R7 250, Thermaltake V3 Black AMD Edition case
I am NOT part of the systemd Borg collective, Lennart is NOT my God. d:^P