How to undo commands that half worked

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
jamsterthecool

How to undo commands that half worked

Post by jamsterthecool »

Hi,

Since I haven't found any advice to the contrary, I tried to install ubuntu one by following the method via this link http://askubuntu.com/questions/10271/is ... n-possible which was included in a thread on this forum marked as [solved]

http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?f=199&t=77791

Code: Select all

sudo apt-get install bzr python-lazr.restfulclient python-oauth python-pyinotify python-protobuf gnome-common gobject-introspection xutils-dev libnautilus-extension-dev libgconf2-dev libebook1.2-dev gnome-settings-daemon-dev python-twisted-names python-libproxy python-distutils-extra python-setuptools
mkdir ~/u1; cd ~/u1
bzr branch lp:ubuntuone-client/stable-1-4 client
bzr branch lp:ubuntuone-storage-protocol/stable-1-4 protocol
bzr branch lp:ubuntu-sso-client/stable-1-0 sso
bzr branch lp:configglue
sed -i~ -e 's/Spinner()/Label("...")/; /spinner.start/D' sso/ubuntu_sso/gui.py
(cd protocol; python setup.py build)
(cd client; ./autogen.sh --with-protocol=../protocol --with-sso=../sso --prefix=/usr; make)
All seems well until I got

"
checking for DBUS... no
configure: error: Package requirements (dbus-glib-1 >= 0.70) were not met:

No package 'dbus-glib-1' found

Consider adjusting the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable if you
installed software in a non-standard prefix.

Alternatively, you may set the environment variables DBUS_CFLAGS
and DBUS_LIBS to avoid the need to call pkg-config.
See the pkg-config man page for more details.
make: *** No targets specified and no makefile found. Stop.

So I installed dbus-glib-1 via the package manager and then re-entered the command

Code: Select all

(cd client; ./autogen.sh --with-protocol=../protocol --with-sso=../sso --prefix=/usr; make)[code]
This time I got
No package 'gtk+-2.0' found
I looked in the package manager and wasn't quite sure what to install ,so I've decided to give up on this install :( .

Apart from removing the dbus-glib-1,which I have already done,will there be any unwanted "stuff" left over on my system that I need to remove . Just trying to keep a clean and healthy system .

Thanks for any help !
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
jamsterthecool

Re: How to undo commands that half worked

Post by jamsterthecool »

I'd appreciate a little help on this please . The above commands have definitely modified my system a little.For example, placing the Ubuntu one folder in my home folder .
BryanM6

Re: How to undo commands that half worked

Post by BryanM6 »

I suggest that you do a clean install of the operating system. I make an external copy of my whole hard drive on a USB hard drive when all is working correctly, then when a situation like this arises it is easy to copy back the previous situation. The program for this is called Clonezilla.

I am still struggling myself to get the Ubuntu One Cloud working properly. You might like to try this link: https://one.ubuntu.com/help/faq/#file-
sync-sharing_ftp

BryanM6

Return to “LMDE Archive”