mtyhtv and HDHomerun

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
hitandmisssam

mtyhtv and HDHomerun

Post by hitandmisssam »

SOLVED:
had been useing mythtv with hdhomerun for about two month then after an update two days ago it quite I can not see the hdhomerun box. tryed reinstalling hdhomrun apt but no joy useing mint 14 any help would be great.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
kwisher

Re: mtyhtv and HDHomerun

Post by kwisher »

If yo know the IP of the device you can use a browser to access it. Is MythTV able to see the device?
hitandmisssam

Post by hitandmisssam »

kwisher wrote:If yo know the IP of the device you can use a browser to access it. Is MythTV able to see the device?
I can see it with a browser but mythtv and the apt. from hdhomerun can't. check tuner with other computer runing mint 13 and it is working.
kwisher

Post by kwisher »

hitandmisssam wrote:
kwisher wrote:If yo know the IP of the device you can use a browser to access it. Is MythTV able to see the device?
I can see it with a browser but mythtv and the apt. from hdhomerun can't. check tuner with other computer runing mint 13 and it is working.
What version of MythTV? If you have updated from .25 to .26 you might have to re-add the tuners in the backend setup??
hitandmisssam

Post by hitandmisssam »

even with out mythtv the apt. for the tuner would see it I get nothing in the box that should list the two tuners. Tryed reinstalling the apt. maybe will try uninstalling and then install to see if that wors.

Did a remove and a reinstall but still not able to get the tuners to show up.
hitandmisssam

Post by hitandmisssam »

It allways help when you tell the fire wall you want to talk to it and hear it.

Fixed :D
kwisher

Post by kwisher »

hitandmisssam wrote:It allways help when you tell the fire wall you want to talk to it and hear it.Fixed :D
Which firewall are you referring to? If you installed/enabled the firewall on any of you Linux machines that are behind a NAT router, then you are being way to paranoid.
hitandmisssam

Post by hitandmisssam »

kwisher wrote:
hitandmisssam wrote:It allways help when you tell the fire wall you want to talk to it and hear it.Fixed :D
Which firewall are you referring to? If you installed/enabled the firewall on any of you Linux machines that are behind a NAT router, then you are being way to paranoid.
was working on geting a printer to work and I had not check what this means (FirewallD is not running. Network printer detection needs services mdns, ipp, ipp-client and samba-client enabled on firewall.) so I turned on the fire wall it is back off now and the HDHomerun is working again.

TKS

Return to “Software & Applications”