Wifi on Acer Aspire V3-571G-6602

Questions about Wi-Fi and other network devices, file sharing, firewalls, connection sharing etc
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
hyco

Wifi on Acer Aspire V3-571G-6602

Post by hyco »

So i recently installed Mint 14 on an Acer Aspire V3-571G-6602 and have no internet access through the Wifi. Wired connection works fine and all but it seems that the Wireless Network adapter isnt even recognized. I looked around the forums and searching for a solution but so far noting has help.
I tried
1) click on control center from the menu button.
2) go to Other (last option)
3) There Ull see Software Sources click on it...
4)Click on Additional Drivers (Top right last tab)
5)Select using Broadcom 802.11 Linux STA wireless driver source from bcmwl blabla
6) Enter, let it do his thing and voilà
7) Enjoy and look up in you tube The summerian scripts documentary Very Interesting....
But it did`t work out as i hoped either, after apply the change, it resorts back to the original setting as before

If anyone can help i would greatly appropriate it. otherwise im thinking of getting one of those USB Wifi Adapters at radio shack for $10 or so dollars.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
ajmoser3

Re: Wifi on Acer Aspire V3-571G-6602

Post by ajmoser3 »

Aspire One 756-2899
I have a similar problem. My failure message says:

Sorry, installation of this driver failed.
Please have a look at the log file for details: /var/log/jockey.log

"Jockey.log" says that BCM43XX is blacklisted. The additional driver that I need is for Broadcom BCM4313.

All I have is ethernet. Really anoying. I have to use Windows 7 for my wireless.

So far after two reistalls of Linux 13 my wireless is still not functioning.

I am really a novice at this any help would be appreciated. Don't want to go back to Microsoft.

ajmoser3, Phx, AZ
d00med

Re: Wifi on Acer Aspire V3-571G-6602

Post by d00med »

Both of my acer laptops' broadcom cards require this

Code: Select all

sudo apt-get install bcmwl-kernel-source

Return to “Networking”