How to remove the alt-middle mouse button shortcut

Please post suggestions for improvement of Cinnamon on:
https://github.com/linuxmint/Cinnamon
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
mattrm

How to remove the alt-middle mouse button shortcut

Post by mattrm »

Hi all,

I would like to know how to remove the famous "alt-middle mouse button" shortcut to replace it by "Super-middle mouse button" ?
Cause, we use Autodesk Maya to work and the default shortcut for move windows is also, in the software, the orbit tool (to turn around the 3d view) and it's not possible to change the shortcut in maya...

Thanks you,

ps : Cinnamon rocks !!!

Matt
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
viking777

Re: How to remove the alt-middle mouse button shortcut

Post by viking777 »

Trying to actually turn off the behaviour seems to be all but impossible, but I do know a way to modify it, although I have no idea how that will fit in with your Autodesk software shortcuts.

Anyway this is how to do it.

If you don't have dconf-editor then go into the package manager and install dconf-tools. When you have done that you can open dconf-editor from the main menu. In there you have to navigate to org.gnome.desktop.wm.preferences. In the right hand pane click the option 'resize with right button'. The resize option will now become Alt/right mouse button instead of Alt/middle mouse button.

Any good?
mattrm

Re: How to remove the alt-middle mouse button shortcut

Post by mattrm »

Hi,

Thanks, I'll try and I let you know if I meet a problem.

Thanks again,

Matt

Return to “Cinnamon”