help with print system

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
dbpbandit

help with print system

Post by dbpbandit »

I knew it was too good to be true...
I've been really enjoying this latest version of LMDE MATE 64bit on my laptop, until today.
I had to (for the first time) print a document and when I clicked on "print" I realized that I forgot to set up a printer, no biggie, right? Wrong...
I first realized there was a problem when I went to look for the printer system settings and realized that there was nothing installed to even allow me to set up a printer.
I installed System-config-printer and that gave me the gui to install a printer. However the fun was just beginning... I have tried to install my printers a thousand different ways and I have had no luck. I've also tried a couple of different printers with no luck. It will let me discover and install them but when I try to print noting happens.
Can someone PLEASE give me a step by step on how to correct this and install my HP DeskJet 6988 printer? Thank you...

-Dave
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
itsme4401

Re: help with print system

Post by itsme4401 »

In your browser:

Code: Select all

127.0.0.1:631
, second TAB, topleft (on the first row of the page)
dbpbandit

Post by dbpbandit »

Got it, now what?

I've actually tried setting the printers up in this but even though it will set up the printer it will not print.

Here is what I get when I try and print a test page:

Deskjet_6980_series_A2012F-20 Unknown Withheld 1k Unknown stopped
"/usr/lib/cups/filter/hpcups failed"

Thanks.
dbpbandit

Post by dbpbandit »

Bump.....
dbpbandit

Post by dbpbandit »

Bump again.....