I can't install LMDE 201303 stable (Solved)

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
siete

I can't install LMDE 201303 stable (Solved)

Post by siete »

Hi,
I hope someone can help me cause I'm not able to install this new LMDE.
Obviously I'm doing something wrong or missing something but I can't guess what. I have format the partition where I want to install LMDE and mounted it manually, but each time I get the same ERROR:

You must first manually mount your target filesystem(s) at /target to do a custom install!

And the partition is mounted!!!

I'd like to install it in sda2

Device Boot Start End Blocks Id System
/dev/sda1 2048 4196351 2097152 82 Linux swap / Solaris
/dev/sda2 4196352 35653631 15728640 83 Linux
/dev/sda3 35653632 77596671 20971520 7 HPFS/NTFS/exFAT
/dev/sda4 77596672 312580095 117491712 83 Linux

Thanks in advance
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
zerozero

Re: I can't install LMDE 201303 stable

Post by zerozero »

let's see if i understand:
- you want to install lmde into sda2, right?

- you don't need to go to the expert mode (that option at the bottom), just highlight the hdd where you want to install it > forward > pick the partition > assign a file system (ext4 is the recommended) and the mount point (if you are installing only into sda2 will be /)

ahh and you don't manually mount the partitions; the installer will do that when needed

for standard installs nothing special changed with the this new version (the basic flow is the same)
siete

Post by siete »

Thanks for your answer
I think that the problem could be that partitions are not recognized by the installer (Gparted do it well). When I choose the option to manually mount partitions, the next step said that I have to mount my target filesystem and some other informations about the installation, next step is for GRub and to choose the partition for install it. I've try different partitions but next step is always:

You must first manually mount your target filesystem(s) at /target to do a custom install!

ISO checksum is OK, I've make two bootable usb, one with unetbootin and the othe with the remastersys tool but same problem.
siete

Post by siete »

Well, solved
I was confused by the installer, cause it seems that you can choose manual install but you have to choose the complet HD and then selec the partition.
Silly thing
Thanks zero zero for your help and interest
zerozero

Post by zerozero »

glad you got it sorted and it's installed :D enjoy
frsu

Post by frsu »

I tried it some time ago, but I cancelled the installation as LMDE is not as easy to install as the "normal" Mint. Is there a clear instruction how to do it?
anto1945

Re: I can't install LMDE 201303 stable (Solved)

Post by anto1945 »

siete wrote:Well, solved
I was confused by the installer, cause it seems that you can choose manual install but you have to choose the complet HD and then selec the partition.
I was also confused by the installer.
I think developers should improve the installation wizard.
Thanks

Return to “LMDE Archive”