Evolution-ews Errors

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
wbortz

Evolution-ews Errors

Post by wbortz »

Hi, somewhat new to Mint.
Having some trouble with Evolution and Evolution-ews.
Wonder if someone could give me a hand?
Installed clean Mint 14 cinnamon x64 on a couple of different computers.
I installed Evolution and evolution-ews.

When I launch evolution I get errors like these:
(evolution:10824): Gtk-CRITICAL **: gtk_entry_set_text: assertion `text != NULL' failed
(evolution:10824): e-web-view.c-WARNING **: Disabling webkit plugin: Windows Media Player Plug-in 10 (compatible; Totem)
(evolution:10824): e-web-view.c-WARNING **: Disabling webkit plugin: VLC Multimedia Plugin (compatible Totem 3.4.3)
(evolution:10824): e-web-view.c-WARNING **: Disabling webkit plugin: Cinnamon Integration
(evolution:10824): e-web-view.c-WARNING **: Disabling webkit plugin: DivX® Web Player
(evolution:10824): e-web-view.c-WARNING **: Disabling webkit plugin: QuickTime Plug-in 7.6.6
(evolution:10824): e-web-view.c-WARNING **: Disabling webkit plugin: Windows Media Player Plug-in 10 (compatible; Totem)
(evolution:10824): e-web-view.c-WARNING **: Disabling webkit plugin: VLC Multimedia Plugin (compatible Totem 3.4.3)
(evolution:10824): e-web-view.c-WARNING **: Disabling webkit plugin: Cinnamon Integration
(evolution:10824): e-web-view.c-WARNING **: Disabling webkit plugin: DivX® Web Player
(evolution:10824): e-web-view.c-WARNING **: Disabling webkit plugin: QuickTime Plug-in 7.6.6
(evolution:10824): Gtk-CRITICAL **: gtk_entry_set_text: assertion `text != NULL' failed
(evolution:10824): Gtk-WARNING **: EAttachmentBar 0x7f33ba414040 is mapped but not visible
(evolution:10824): Gtk-WARNING **: EAttachmentBar 0x7f33ba414040 is mapped but visible=0 child_visible=1 parent GtkBox 0x7f33bb3bb4d0 mapped=1
(evolution:10824): Gtk-WARNING **: EAttachmentBar 0x7f33ba414040 is mapped but not visible

***However the app still seems to run ok. When I go to add an exchange account, if I hit the "Fetch URL" button, it segfaults and dies. This is a big problem. (This did not happen in the Fedora distro I was testing previously.) But if I manually enter the server info in, it will allow me to set up the account.

Once I have the account set up, it downloads all of the mail headers.

but when I try to send an email, I get the following error:
The reported error was "Exchange server cannot send message as 'my-email@domain.com', when the account was configured for address 'NULL'".

(This is a known problem when you create an account without using the "Fetch URL" button and I can probablly manually edit the .config files to get around it.)

There is one more problem: I cannot set the location of the "Sent messages" folder. It is greyed-out under the Defaults in the account editor. In other versions on other distros, I can set this to use my Sent folder on the Exchange server.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.
Thx
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Shamoon

Re: Evolution-ews Errors

Post by Shamoon »

Bump

Return to “Software & Applications”