How to install DEC Terminal font?

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
joeshmoe

How to install DEC Terminal font?

Post by joeshmoe »

Hi All:

I would like to install a font called "Terminal font" in Mint. In OpenSuse it is called DEC Terminal font. I have searched for everything I could find, but nothing was found. Can anyone explain how to do this, or what package is needed to provide this font? Any help is appreciated, thanks in advance.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Re: How to install DEC Terminal font?

Post by xenopeek »

Searching for dec-terminal font I find this RPM: http://rpmfind.net//linux/RPM/opensuse/ ... oarch.html. You can download it and right-click it and select to open it with your archive manager. You'll find font-dec-misc-1.0.3.tar.bz2 inside that. It has two .bdf fonts. No clue what you can do with a .bdf font, so this might not be what you are looking for. You can of course just copy the font files from openSUSE (like boot from a live session?).
joeshmoe

Post by joeshmoe »

Thanks for your reply to:

Postby xenopeek on Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:17 pm
Searching for dec-terminal font I find this RPM: http://rpmfind.net//linux/RPM/opensuse/ ... oarch.html. You can download it and right-click it and select to open it with your archive manager. You'll find font-dec-misc-1.0.3.tar.bz2 inside that. It has two .bdf fonts. No clue what you can do with a .bdf font, so this might not be what you are looking for. You can of course just copy the font files from openSUSE (like boot from a live session?).

In regard to "You can of course just copy the font files from openSUSE", what files would I copy, and where would I put them?

Thanks in advance.
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Post by xenopeek »

I already answered that above? As I wrote, download the file, open with archive manager, open the font-dec-misc-1.0.3.tar.bz2 inside it, extract the two .bdf fonts. Where you should place them I don't know, I'm not familiar with such fonts and don't have any on my machine. Doing an "apt-file search bdf" turns up the repository has mostly Emacs related packages holding .bdf fonts.

Perhaps I have the wrong RPM package :wink: Probably still easiest is just to copy the font files you want from OpenSUSE, just from the live session.

Return to “MATE”