Wine and PlayonLinux for windows games?

Anything related to gaming on Linux Mint including game discussion or questions concerning Steam or Wine.
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
jsplicer

Wine and PlayonLinux for windows games?

Post by jsplicer »

I got a rebate ticket with my new Geforce GTX 650 card worth $75 for 3 games 25 each Planetside 2, Worldhawks, & Hawken. But they only play on windows. Is there any way I can use this rebate code using Wine and PlayOnLinux?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
gemini89

Re: Wine and PlayonLinux for windows games?

Post by gemini89 »

You can search for the games you´ve listen on Wine´s app browser and see how good they are performing. Personally I´ve never used PlayOnLinux, so I´m not sure how it works. But it might be worth a try.
jsplicer

Post by jsplicer »

gemini89 , thank you for posting, I appreciate you taking the time.... Wine and Play on linux bricked my install of LMM14 to the point where I could not install it anymore. Wiped hard drives, changed hard drives...something must have gotten put into memory, but I managed to get LMM Maya 13 installed and I'm on that now and can say as of now it is more stable than any version of linux I have tried. I want to get brave and try out Cairo Dock but I'm afraid of ruining a stable system because of compiz being so unfriendly with everything it goes near...

John
soldier1st

Post by soldier1st »

jsplicer wrote:gemini89 , thank you for posting, I appreciate you taking the time.... Wine and Play on linux bricked my install of LMM14 to the point where I could not install it anymore. Wiped hard drives, changed hard drives...something must have gotten put into memory, but I managed to get LMM Maya 13 installed and I'm on that now and can say as of now it is more stable than any version of linux I have tried. I want to get brave and try out Cairo Dock but I'm afraid of ruining a stable system because of compiz being so unfriendly with everything it goes near...

John
If you want to try Cairo Dock, without worry of a possible messup, then try running Linux Mint 13/14 in Virtualbox and or a real pc for testing purposes, test it before deploying on your production based system. it's what i do. if i'm not sure of something, or am worried about messing up my install. I test setups that way.
Jessey Lawson
Level 3
Level 3

Post by Jessey Lawson »

soldier1st wrote:
jsplicer wrote:gemini89 , thank you for posting, I appreciate you taking the time.... Wine and Play on linux bricked my install of LMM14 to the point where I could not install it anymore. Wiped hard drives, changed hard drives...something must have gotten put into memory, but I managed to get LMM Maya 13 installed and I'm on that now and can say as of now it is more stable than any version of linux I have tried. I want to get brave and try out Cairo Dock but I'm afraid of ruining a stable system because of compiz being so unfriendly with everything it goes near...

John
If you want to try Cairo Dock, without worry of a possible messup, then try running Linux Mint 13/14 in Virtualbox and or a real pc for testing purposes, test it before deploying on your production based system. it's what i do. if i'm not sure of something, or am worried about messing up my install. I test setups that way.
Don't use 14 as 14 works better then 13 will ever will. 15 is the worst so avoid that at all cost. OSTOday and Linuxspatry both think that 15 has to many issues. Now I have to agrea. YOu also need to remember that Wine differs on diffrent hardware and disrtros. Then the version changes how things work too. You can also use Darling to run Playonmac.HD

Return to “Gaming”