I am running LMDE with liquorix 3.7.0-10.dmz.2 (686) kernel on Acer Aspire 3820TG.
After some configuration with the help of google (a lot of which was retrieved from this forum) I generally have a great battery life. When my machine starts normally (i.e. after a previous shut down or a reboot), my battery is reporting a discharge at the rate of about 10W. But when I resume from a hibernate the battery discharges at about 26W-27W (so, the battery drains faster). Also, the machine gets heated up more after I resume from a hibernate as opposed to a normal operation after normal start-up. I don't know what diagnostic information to provide to help locate the problem. So, to keep it simple, I leave it here**. I would grateful if anyone can provide hints as to what might be the issue. I can provide more information if you suggest me what details would help.
**p.s. Some details of my configs just in case:
1. Graphic card: ATI mobility radeon HD5650 (hybrid graphics)
2. GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX="quiet splash acpi_osi=Linux pcie_aspm=force acpi_backlight=vendor radeon.audio=1 resume=/dev/sda1"
3. # cat /etc/modprobe.d/radeon-kms.conf
options radeon modeset=1
4. # cat /etc/modprobe.d/i915-kms.conf
options i915 modeset=1 i915_enable_rc6=1 i915_enable_fbc=1 lvds_downclock=1 semaphores=1
5. I use a stripped down version of hardran3's powersave script (http://crunchbang.org/forums/viewtopic.php?id=11954