Webstreaming popping out of fullscreen when lost focus

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
|Arch|

Webstreaming popping out of fullscreen when lost focus

Post by |Arch| »

I have this problem where when I watch videos in fullscreen from youtube, vimeo etc (flash isssue?), the moment the window loses focus (ie clicking a link in a browser on my other monitor) the video pops out of fullscreen. This happens both in Google Chrome and Firefox.

I've had Mint 14 for about a month, and I'm pretty sure the issue has been since install. I've googled for solutions several times, found interesting answers, tried some of their solutions, but nothing has helped (like disabling one version of flash). I'm basically baffled it seems i'm the only one with this problem, but on the other hand, with so many high valued search words, it's kind of hard phrase to google.

Dunno if it helps, but I can scroll webpages or do any kind of hover activity with the mouse. Flash only pops out of fullscreen when its window loses the focus. I installed Minitube and sometimes uses it if I'm watching something specific in the background, but it's not really a practical workaround.

Anyone got any ideas or had/read similar issues?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
|Arch|

Re: Webstreaming popping out of fullscreen when lost focus

Post by |Arch| »

Update: Works fine in youtube videos based on html5. This is basically a flash problem. There are threads dating back to 2009-2010 suggestion disabling pepperflash or hex editing flash to fix the issue, but I'd figure whatever the original reason should be outdated by now.

If it makes any difference, one monitor 16:10 while the other is 16:9.

Return to “Beginner Questions”