[solved] transpart windows possible in MATE?

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
heyitsjeff

[solved] transpart windows possible in MATE?

Post by heyitsjeff »

I'm running Linux 14 MATE and can't find any info in making the windows or title bars or windows transparent or translucent. Is it possible in MATE or is it just a Cinammon thing?

If I can do it, how?

TIA
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
james0658

Re: transpart windows possible in MATE?

Post by james0658 »

Found this link for you hopefully it helps. http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?f=110&t=81715
heyitsjeff

Post by heyitsjeff »

Thanks

Seems it didn't work out. I couldn't get compiz even with compizconfig editor. It's for Mint 9 and I guess it's not compatible with Mate.

Thanks, though. Appreciate the effort.
heyitsjeff

Post by heyitsjeff »

Well, after some extensive searching, I can't see how it can't be done. The PDF link was basic stuff covered in the manual one can get when they first download the OS. Not too helpful. To be honest, it had nothing at all to do with desktop settings. Thanks for the effort, though.

Return to “Beginner Questions”