(SOLVED) Desktop icon for Vncviewer

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
sherhar

(SOLVED) Desktop icon for Vncviewer

Post by sherhar »

I have successfully installed TightVNC viewer on Mint and use it to control a headless Raspberry Pi. However, to open it and connect to the Pi, I have to open Terminal, and type in the command and then the Pi URL and port. I know it is possible to create a desktop shortcut for an application, but the VNC Viewer is not listed as an application. Is there any way to create a desktop shortcut for the VNCviewer command in Mint? (I installed the Windows version of TightVNC viewer on my Win 7 computer, and only a password entry is required to connect to the PI)
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
zrdc28

Re: Desktop icon for Vncviewer

Post by zrdc28 »

Sure there is, right click on the desktop, "create new" then down to :link to application" next go over to "application"
In the Description type in what ever you want the name to be of the app, next go down to "command" and type "kdesu konsole -e appname" then ok.
Try and if it works right click on it and go to properties and give it the icon that you want.
sherhar

Re: Desktop icon for Vncviewer

Post by sherhar »

Hey.....works like a charm! Thanks much.

Return to “Beginner Questions”