(SOLVED) Printing Avery 8195 or 5195 return address labels?

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Lefty75

(SOLVED) Printing Avery 8195 or 5195 return address labels?

Post by Lefty75 »

How can I print Avery 8195 or 5195 return address labels? I tried LibreOffice 3.6.2.2 (File --> new --> labels) and searched through all the Brands and all the types and could not find Avery 8195 or 5195.

I have tried Linux Mint 11 & 14 Mate 64 bit with all the updates on a HP dm4 laptop.

Thanks in advance.
Dick Aunger
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
DavePlummer

Re: Printing Avery 8195 or 5195 return address labels?

Post by DavePlummer »

Two suggestions:

a. Avery offers Microsoft Word templates on their web site. You must provide name and email address to get to them. You could download a Microsoft Word template, open it in LibreOffice Writer, and save it as a LibreOffice template.

b. Install gLabels (http://glabels.sourceforge.net/) from the Mint repositorties. It doen't appear to have a correct template as part of the package, but you can create custom templates. The web site has excelllent documentation. gLabels lets you design and print labels, business cards, etc, of nearly endless variety.
Lefty75

Re: Printing Avery 8195 or 5195 return address labels?

Post by Lefty75 »

Thank you very much for the two solutions. I had decided to go with the Microsoft templet but when I went to avery.com I noticed several very negative reviews, so I decided to return the unopened labels and get my $13 back. There is a third rather complicated method in LibreOffice which I have not tried where you carefully measure several critical dimensions on the label sheet and make your own templet (go to "format" on the LibreOffice Label window). Anyway, the need for these particular labels has passed and I get lots of free return address labels in the mail that are good enough for most correspondence. Thank you for the help.

Dick

Return to “Beginner Questions”