Graphic card overheating [SOLVED]

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
joksim

Graphic card overheating [SOLVED]

Post by joksim »

Hello, I have Mobility Radeon HD 5430 series graphic card (on Dell inspirion 4030 i3 2.5Ghz) and my laptop is overheating. I have installed Jupiter and it is a little better BUT the temperature of my GRAPHIC CARD is very high... at least 10 degrees more compared to CPU, everytime.
I have try to downgrade xorg and install legacy (in order to install the proprietary ATI driver, which would allegedly decrease the graphic card temp.) but that just messed up everything and lost my GUI (black screen). It does not work.
Can anybody help me? I am a linux biginner!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
bigj231

Re: Graphic card overheating

Post by bigj231 »

Mint 13 still has the old xorg. You can try that.
joksim

Post by joksim »

bigj231 wrote:Mint 13 still has the old xorg. You can try that.
Can I use LMDE 201303, I have it already?
bigj231

Post by bigj231 »

If it has the old xorg, there's no reason why you couldn't
joksim

Post by joksim »

bigj231 wrote:If it has the old xorg, there's no reason why you couldn't
I found a really usefull post... it was my last chance before installation of LM 13 Maya.
http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?f=191&t=62749
It seems to me that I've installed the proprietary driver which immediately contributed by decreasing of temp of the graphic card :D
Now there is not any great difference between temps, even the graphic card temp is lower than CPUs :D

Thanks man!
Cheers
bigj231

Post by bigj231 »

Glad you got it working. Could you edit the title of your original post to include [SOLVED]
joksim

Post by joksim »

bigj231 wrote:Glad you got it working. Could you edit the title of your original post to include [SOLVED]
Sorry... done :D

Return to “Graphics Cards & Monitors”