strange router problem

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
lucinos

strange router problem

Post by lucinos »

my main os I use for a year now is mint debian, I had no problem... until last week. For a week now the computer had difficulty to do local connection with the router and for a couple of days it refuses to connect at all. There is no local connection (and so I can not connect to internet) but the router seems to work fine in every other aspect. Meanwhile my second computer, a laptop that also have mint debian, does connect fine.

So the first idea is that the problem is to the computer, but that is not the case. I have three more operating systems on the desktop. So I tried windows 7 and... it works! Then I tried Fedora 15 that I still have installed and... it does not work. So the router suddenly hates linux :(, not exactly... I tried ubuntu 10.10 that also is still installed and works. So I am confused.

Can I try anything to see what the problem is?

thank you
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
lucinos

Re: strange router problem

Post by lucinos »

I am asking for any kind of help, because I know nothing and only thing I do about this is to turn on computer and wait (pray) for the usual automatic connect. Is there a command to see the router?
lucinos

Post by lucinos »

update:

I changed my router. So far (two days now) new router works.
lucinos

Post by lucinos »

update:
I had the pc turned on for three days and I had no problem but I turned it off. When today I turned it on again the problem reappeared. I restarted many times and also turned off and on the router and when I restarted the pc with router turned off and then turned on the router only then connection happened again.

unfortunately no-one has answered yet and I am still confused... :cry:

Return to “LMDE Archive”