Can't see usb wifi antenna in Linux Mint

Questions about Wi-Fi and other network devices, file sharing, firewalls, connection sharing etc
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Music Guy123

Can't see usb wifi antenna in Linux Mint

Post by Music Guy123 »

Hi there,

I have an Alfa UBDo-nt external wifi antenna and it works wonderfully in windows but I can't get it to work in linux mint. In Ubuntu, it appears in the network settings as an extra wireless. But it doesn't appear in mint. I have tried with the driver CD, but there is no run feature for linux like there is in windows. There is a linux driver file for the antenna but the file is a .bz2 (not a .tar.bz2) and I can't seem to get it to install (I'm not to sure how to do it, but I've tried different methods, none of them working...). Anyway, does anyone have any suggestions as to how this would work?

All the best, and any help would be very much appreciated.

Music Guy
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Orbmiser

Re: Can't see usb wifi antenna in Linux Mint

Post by Orbmiser »

UBDo-nt 2000mW with 12dBi flat panel antenna?
http://www.disko.nl/shop/flypage/catego ... tenne.html
The Ralink RT3070 chipset inside this device is the same chipset that is in the popular AWUS036NH 802.11n USB adapter. In many ways, this is exactly like getting the AWUS036NH adapter inside an expensive outdoor weather resistant casing.
And says there is a Linux driver probably at their web site.

I have the ALFA AWUS036H adapter is based on the Realtek RTL8187 chipset. And is supported out of the box.
Would advise searching for linux and RT3070 drivers and see what pops up.

And always try to give more info than generic nobody knows what a Alfa UBDo-nt external wifi antenna is.
So give specifications as that title means little when needing more info and what chipset is used.

Return to “Networking”