My xfce panel is gone!

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
SergeN

My xfce panel is gone!

Post by SergeN »

I wanted the cinnamon desktop so I did the sudo mint meta cinnamon thing in the terminal and then I rebooted the computer and after that my panel was gone but I've got the cinnamon icons, I've tried to delete the mint meta cinnamon but that didn't work, any help? I'm running Linux Mint 14 xfce!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
este.el.paz
Level 4
Level 4

Re: My xfce panel is gone!

Post by este.el.paz »

SergeN wrote:I wanted the cinnamon desktop so I did the sudo mint meta cinnamon thing in the terminal and then I rebooted the computer and after that my panel was gone but I've got the cinnamon icons, I've tried to delete the mint meta cinnamon but that didn't work, any help? I'm running Linux Mint 14 xfce!
@SergeN:

Just passing thru, trying to find out some stuff about xfce myself . . . so two things, first, thanks for the "mint meta cinnamon" idea, I recently added the xfce DE to my LM13 MATE installation looking for a way around an erratic mouse and data erasure problem I'm having in MATE & Cinnamon. I had a LMDE with XFCE install for awhile and xfce is perfectly fine, so I tried to add it . . . without the mint-meta . . . so seeing your post got me a few more options . . . still doesn't seem as polished an interface as the LM13 XFCE LiveDVD that I have, so must not be all the same packages . . . .

Anyway, point two, your question; it's not entirely clear what you mean by the xfce panel being gone, do you mean the toolbar across the top of the screen? It's hard to know what is happening, especially if you tried to remove it. But, once you add another DE you need to select it each time you log in, or make it default. But, at the log in window, bottom left second box from left is an empty looking box, click on it and it should give you a menu to selct the DE you want . . . .

e.e.p.
MacPro '12 multiboot various linux OSs with some aging OSX's . . . .
Wouter_db

Re: My xfce panel is gone!

Post by Wouter_db »

I'm not entirely sure this will help but try this:

(In terminal) xfwm4 --replace

And then go to 'Session and Startup', delete all sessions, log out (restart) and disable 'session saving'.

Return to “Xfce”