Flash Out Of Date

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
tes151

Flash Out Of Date

Post by tes151 »

I can no longer watch You Tube videos, or anything else that streams. It comes up " this plugin is vulnerable and should be updated." Can anyone tell me how to do that? I am on Mint 13 LTS. Thanks for any help.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
bigj231

Re: Flash Out Of Date

Post by bigj231 »

I can still watch youtube videos without issue... Which flash version are you running?
FYI, adobe has cut support for Flash on Linux (as of a year or so ago).
bigj231

Post by bigj231 »

I can still watch youtube videos without issue... Which flash version are you running?
tes151

Post by tes151 »

11.0 rl. Everything was working fine a few days ago. When I go to add-ons manager it says " Blocked for your protection." Is there anything else I could use in place of Flash? EDIT: I seem to have solved the problem as far as the YouTube vieos go anyway, just by disabling the plug in.
Last edited by tes151 on Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bigj231

Post by bigj231 »

I wish I could say yes.
The latest version is 11.2. Try installing the flashplugin-installer package.
gosa
Level 4
Level 4

Post by gosa »

bigj231 wrote:I can still watch youtube videos without issue... Which flash version are you running?
One comment about this with adobe and Flash fro Linux... weren't they still going to release security updates?

A more general observation:

I also have this thing - it started a couple of days ago - and I have to ask where to turn to get this "fixed" (or at least for a easy way of disabling the message). Shouldn't an update come down through "proper channels" to take care of it?
(I don't really want to go down the path of installing "external" stuff if I don't have to)
DataMan

Post by DataMan »

I just upgraded on Mint 13LTS yesterday (27-Mar-2013):

1. Open synaptic

2. search flash

3. Your search results should product an adobe-flashplugin

Install and restart FF.

Note, I'm not sure if this is applicable, but I have backports engaged in synaptic,

-DataMan
gosa
Level 4
Level 4

Post by gosa »

DataMan wrote:I just upgraded on Mint 13LTS yesterday (27-Mar-2013):

1. Open synaptic

2. search flash

3. Your search results should product an adobe-flashplugin

Install and restart FF.

Note, I'm not sure if this is applicable, but I have backports engaged in synaptic,

-DataMan
You're right, I did more or less the same after having made my previous post...

Since this was the thread that came up when I entered the "error message" in google this is where I made my post, but searching a bit more I found a few threads on the subject saying the same thing.
In my case I just opened terminal and ran sudo apt-get install adobe-flashplugin. Didn't even have to restart Firefox for the change to "take". The annoying warning is gone.

Return to “Sound”