13 Mate x64 in recovery mode

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
dancingdog777

13 Mate x64 in recovery mode

Post by dancingdog777 »

Has anyone succesfully managed to start Mint 13 Mate x64 in recovery mode? With that black screen how on earth are you supposed to read the instructions?

I have twice had to reinstall 13 Mate because I can't get around this.

I'm hardly a novice and have used Mint since Mint 7!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
dancingdog777

So, no solutions then?

Post by dancingdog777 »

No answers to my post here, http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.p ... 01#p702001

I guess no one else has managed it either? :(
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Re: 13 Mate x64 in recovery mode

Post by xenopeek »

There are a lot of posts every day, so some will be missed or skipped and may not get an answer. You can bump your topic after 48 hours since a last replay, to get it renewed attention. This is detailed in the "Before you post please read this" link, at the top of the page in the "Forum rules" box. Perhaps a helpful read.

Generally when you don't get an answer, before you bump, you should consider if there is perhaps something you can add or rephrase to make more clear what your problem or question is. You can edit your post for that.

Reading your initial post here (had missed it earlier) I'm not sure what your problem or question is. Recovery mode works fine for me, so provide more detail. Is the problem that you don't understand how to use it? Is the problem that the screen stays black? Is the problem that the letters are tiny? Be specific...
dancingdog777

Post by dancingdog777 »

Thank you for your answer.

In Recovery Mode the screen remains black with no writing on it. I clicked Recovery Mode and even left it for 30 minutes, still with no writing appearing. As start up in normal mode sometimes 'sticks' I thought I'd try using Recovery. I have already run sudo touch /forcefsck.

This is the first edition of Mint I have used that has a black display at boot, all previous versions going back to Mint 7 had a graphic.

I normally use 10 Julia on my main machine, which although unsupported now, is as good as gold.
turtlebay

Post by turtlebay »

There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it.
So is this question too stupid? Must be since there's been no answer since Mar 26, 2013 (nearly 5 months) !

Return to “Beginner Questions”