Returning Mint User

Chat about anything related to Linux Mint
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
steveking

Returning Mint User

Post by steveking »

Hi guys & gals,

I have been away from the minty world for about 6 months now and am going to be reinstalling Mint over the weekend! My only queries are which version do I go for!

Has anyone got any advice? What are your bug bears with the ones you are using, what are the benefits of the one your using?

XFCE | KDE | LMDE | OpenBox

SO MANY CHOICES!! :D
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
kc1di
Level 18
Level 18

Re: Returning Mint User

Post by kc1di »

Welcome back steveking,

It very hard to answer your question and much of it is very subjective and personal taste.
I have mint 13 cinnamon on one machine, LMDE Mate on another and Mint 14 KDE on the laptop all work well for me
and the hardware I'm using. there are always a few bumps but they can easily be overcome and this forum is a great place to get help if needed.

Try them all via live cd (remembering live cd's don't run as fast as installed ones) and see which one suits your fancy /work load / works best with your hardware.
Happy computing.
Easy tips : https://easylinuxtipsproject.blogspot.com/ Pjotr's Great Linux projects page.
Linux Mint Installation Guide: http://linuxmint-installation-guide.rea ... en/latest/
Registered Linux User #462608
steveking

Re: Returning Mint User

Post by steveking »

I have missed having something minty in my life :)

That sounds like a good idea actually! I have never tried anything like LMDE before so it could be kinda fun to dabble with something Debian! Will burn out a few live disks today!

Return to “Chat about Linux Mint”