Back to LMDE.Need help to solve some problems

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
indelible

Back to LMDE.Need help to solve some problems

Post by indelible »

Hi guys.An year ago I switch to Sabayon linux because it was the only distro that handles well my Hp Pavillion g6 notebook.Sabayon is a very good distro but the as rolling system some problems after the updates are not unusual so I prefer something like the semi rollin lmde.My notebook has a hybrid graphics.One is the integrated intel card and the other one is an amd radeon card.I installed the latest lmde 2013 and with the ddm tool i was able to install the fglrx drivers without problems.I have some problems with lmde and i would like to receive some help from more experienced users here in the forum:

1)My fglrx driver is installed and configured but my notebook is overheating and the battery life is terrible.What can do?If i disable the radeon card using vga_switcheroo will the intel one be able to run Cinnamon?

2)I got a problem with the brilliance of the screen.During the boot i have to press F3 to see something.Can this be fixed?

3)How to remove the annoying ''bip'' sound before the login screen?

4)As my default browser I installed SRWare Iron.How can I make it the system default?I got no option to change from firefox in the system preferences

5)Iron keep ask me to update the flash player to the latest version but there isn't a .deb file on the adobe site.I don't have this problem with firefox.

Thanks to everyone
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
indelible

R: Back to LMDE.Need help to solve some problems

Post by indelible »

Forget the questions about iron. I've read an article about the developer. A real asshole so I'll uninstall it from my notebook

Inviato dal mio HTC Desire con Tapatalk 2
indelible

Re: Back to LMDE.Need help to solve some problems

Post by indelible »

Nobody?

Return to “LMDE Archive”