Ubuntu gui in linux mint

Questions about other topics - please check if your question fits better in another category before posting here
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
frozenking

Ubuntu gui in linux mint

Post by frozenking »

I recently used ubuntu 12.10 and linux mint 14 and found that ubuntu has good gui interface while booting and shutdown like windows. Is there any way I change my startup and shutdown gui in linuxmint. I don't like the CLI black screen. And recommend this gui interface prebuilt in linux mint 15.

Thank You. :)
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Re: Ubuntu gui in linux mint

Post by xenopeek »

You mean the login window? Linux Mint uses its own called MDM, which is starting to look awesome for Linux Mint 15 as you can theme the login window with HTML and Javascript. See samriggs' awesome examples here: http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=126979. Ubuntu uses LightDM for the login window.

Splash screens shown while booting (until the login window appears) are done by Plymouth. Both on Linux Mint and Ubuntu. You can use a different Plymouth theme if you want. There are a couple of topics for that already IIRC.
frozenking

Re: Ubuntu gui in linux mint

Post by frozenking »

Thanks for the reply . But, how to change shutdown from CLI to gui. :D

Return to “Other topics”