<SOLVED> Error message keeps appearing - from where?

Questions about other topics - please check if your question fits better in another category before posting here
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
martinhansell

<SOLVED> Error message keeps appearing - from where?

Post by martinhansell »

Hi,

Sorry - really pithy question, but somehow I keep getting a window popping up telling me "Permission needed : Run the application as an administrator or superuser to update." I always login as superuser and this message only recently started showing up. Nothing has changed about my login procedures that might have caused this.

I've updated my system to ensure no issues there. I've tried to search for the error in some of my logs but not really sure what to look for. I've searched this forum but trying to get the right search string to produce an answer is proving tough.

Where can I locate the source of this error message on my system, and how will I know when I've found it?

Thanks!
Martin

I'm running Mint 14 Nadia 64-bit system - which is great!!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
martinhansell

Re: Error message keeps appearing - from where?

Post by martinhansell »

Well, there's good news, and bad news... and more good news. Which first?

The good news is that my error message stopped on its own - how, I have no idea!

The other good news - I found this post which was good reading...

The bad news is that no-one seemed ready/able to volunteer any assistance on this forum. Maybe my question was too dumb? Maybe you thought I had been too lazy to solve this on my own?? Or maybe you genuinely didn't know the answer??? Either way this forum seems to be less effective than the Ubuntu one from whence I came. I have noticed many threads with countless (haha) views and people are very selective about what they reply to. Maybe there is a good reason for that also, or just maybe you are tempted to tell me to go back to the Ubuntu forum. Well, that might not be bad advice, as things stand.

I'm not actually trying to be difficult - I'm trying to get this forum to be as snazzy as Mint is... I think there is real room for improvement.

Go on - biff me ;-)...
eanfrid

Re: <SOLVED> Error message keeps appearing - from where?

Post by eanfrid »

There are always more people able to read your questions than people able to give your a correct answer (the secret recipes to get an answer are to give enough details, to not ask questions that can be solved by a casual google search and to explain what you tried by yourself to solve your problem).

Return to “Other topics”