Can't open any folders after 201303 update (GNOME 32-BIT)

Questions about other topics - please check if your question fits better in another category before posting here
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
DrJynx

Can't open any folders after 201303 update (GNOME 32-BIT)

Post by DrJynx »

Hey, I'm new to Linux and I've had Mint (MATE 32-bit) for about a month now, I updated to the new Debian two days ago and I've been having problems since, first I wasn't even able to start the computer I got a error message about something called Pipe or Pype (I don't remember :lol: ) anyways, that seemed to fix itself after a few restarts (which is how I fix most things) then after a couple of hours i restarted my laptop because it was going a bit slow and I got loads of error messages about applets not responding and if i should delete them or ignore them, I deleted them (I'm not sure why) and i can't access any folders, including my Home Folder or the Computer, when I press one of the icons the icons on my desktop disappear and then appear after about 15 seconds, the same happens if I try to open it via the 'Places' tab on my menu but after the icons appear I get an error saying 'User' is not a valid theme and the themes box pops up, I'd reinstall but I can't write a disc, all the other applications work fine apart from the fact I can't browse any of my files, Please Help!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
zerozero

Re: Can't open any folders after 201303 update (GNOME 32-BIT

Post by zerozero »

DrJynx wrote:I've had Mint (MATE 32-bit) for about a month now, I updated to the new Debian two days ago
how was that "update" done?
DrJynx

Re: Can't open any folders after 201303 update (GNOME 32-BIT

Post by DrJynx »

zerozero wrote:
DrJynx wrote:I've had Mint (MATE 32-bit) for about a month now, I updated to the new Debian two days ago
how was that "update" done?
The update pop-up in the menu, I selected 'Install all packages' Or something like that and then it installed and reset, I did manage however to browse the folders by the Terminal Command 'nautilus . &' and it turns out I can't run half the programs, including software manager and gDebi package installer so I can't reinstall because I can't write the iso on the CD I have (I feel like the noobiest computer user ever at the moment...)

Return to “Other topics”