(solved)installed sotware not appearing - cakephp

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read this

(solved)installed sotware not appearing - cakephp

Postby heyitsjeff on Mon Mar 25, 2013 2:45 pm

Hi,

I tried to install cakephp through the software manager and it didn't appear. I uninstalled it and reinstalled it a couple of times. reinstalled via synaptic and also tried ati and and tried to start the app through the terminal. The terminal responded with "command not found". I installed a lot of other software before and after cakephp app in one big session of course waiting for each download to complete before starting with the next one. All of the other software installed without a problem. It also doesn't appear in any search.

I recently installed the Nitrux 3.0 icon pack via the terminal. when looking for the app, I changed back to the standard system icons, no dice. I went back to the Nitrux icons.

Thoughts? posting.php?mode=post&f=90#

Mint 14 Mate standard mintmenu not mods there
Last edited by heyitsjeff on Fri Apr 12, 2013 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ancient Toshiba laptop: Zorin Lite OS, Samsung R80 laptop: Mint 14 Cinnamon, dell HTPC Win7/ Mint 14 dual boot, ancienct Compaq desktop: TBD, 5 old Acer laptop: Mint LDXE. Currently reading: Linux for Dummies.
heyitsjeff
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: installed sotware not appearing - cakephp

Postby TheDynamicHamza21 on Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:11 pm

Just downloaded and found it in /usr/share/php/cake/. This tutorial explains how to set it up.
http://net.tutsplus.com/tutorials/php/g ... h-cakephp/
"I rock project yards and township youth
I make the people listen,boogie down and move"
Rakaa Iriscience - Triple Optics

www.domeshotsandfatlaces.com
TheDynamicHamza21
Level 5
Level 5

Re: installed sotware not appearing - cakephp

Postby heyitsjeff on Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:14 pm

Very cool. not quite what I was expecting, just migrated from win. it was totally different and I had no idea it was like this. Thanks for the tuto!
Ancient Toshiba laptop: Zorin Lite OS, Samsung R80 laptop: Mint 14 Cinnamon, dell HTPC Win7/ Mint 14 dual boot, ancienct Compaq desktop: TBD, 5 old Acer laptop: Mint LDXE. Currently reading: Linux for Dummies.
heyitsjeff
Level 1
Level 1

Return to Newbie Questions