is there a package of themes

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Paul0320

is there a package of themes

Post by Paul0320 »

new mint user here. And want to customize the desktop a little. Mate is a fork of gnome2 ?. Wanna make sure before i start getting themes that are not correct.

But was wondering if there is a package to download that might have a wide variety of themes. If there is, being a Mint package i am guessing they will all play nice with Mate 14. Icons and any other nice enhancements ;)

Searching this here and in google do not bring up the results I'm after. I would like to download 1 or a few packages that give me many choices of themes to chose from.

thanks.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
catweazel
Level 19
Level 19

Re: is there a package of themes

Post by catweazel »

I add a stack of PPAs, install the themes then pick and choose the bits I want. Try these:

Code: Select all

$ sudo add-apt-repository ppa:upubuntu-com/themes
$ sudo add-apt-repository ppa:killhellokitty/themes.ppa
$ sudo add-apt-repository ppa:upubuntu-com/icons
$ sudo add-apt-repository ppa:nilarimogard/webupd8
$ sudo add-apt-repository ppa:upubuntu-com/icons2
Searching this here and in google do not bring up the results I'm after.
Well, it worked for me.
"There is, ultimately, only one truth -- cogito, ergo sum -- everything else is an assumption." - Me, my swansong.
Paul0320

Re: is there a package of themes

Post by Paul0320 »

thank you,

just want to chose from themes that play nice with Mate. My desktop hasn't changed since 10.04 ubuntu came out. During my google search, saw a few had strange issues. From total black screen, to not logging into gui at all.

my google search of "Mint 14 Mate themes", mostly pointed to Mint 14 reviews. And most of the others were aimed at Cinnamon. So i asked here.

Return to “MATE”