Locking screen

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
reid

Locking screen

Post by reid »

Hi. New Mint user here. For many years, I used KDE under Fedora (actually started with Red Hat 3), but I was EOLed and thought I'd try something new, so I installed Mint 14 cinnamon. Everything worked! I missed KDE and all its flexibility, though, so after a few days I installed KDE through the package manager. I'm mostly up and running in KDE now (pretty easy!), but I have one small problem: When I lock the screen using the KDE lock function, it returns me to the display manager (nice) where I can login again to return to my session, but I have to also enter my password in the KDE locker! Obviously not ideal having to do it twice. Does anyone know of a fix?

Also, it looks like I'm using KDE 4.9.5, and maybe this was fixed in the new 4.10.1. Will the new version show up in the repositories?

Thanks,
Reid
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
catweazel
Level 19
Level 19

Re: Locking screen

Post by catweazel »

reid wrote:Also, it looks like I'm using KDE 4.9.5, and maybe this was fixed in the new 4.10.1. Will the new version show up in the repositories?
No, it won't.

Code: Select all

$ sudo add-apt-repository ppa:kubuntu-ppa/backports
        $ sudo apt-get update
        $ sudo apt-get upgrade
"There is, ultimately, only one truth -- cogito, ergo sum -- everything else is an assumption." - Me, my swansong.
reid

Re: Locking screen

Post by reid »

catweazel wrote:
reid wrote:Also, it looks like I'm using KDE 4.9.5, and maybe this was fixed in the new 4.10.1. Will the new version show up in the repositories?
No, it won't.

Code: Select all

$ sudo add-apt-repository ppa:kubuntu-ppa/backports
        $ sudo apt-get update
        $ sudo apt-get upgrade
Thanks for the info! It wants to upgrade an imposing 324 packages (and skip 102), but I suppose that's okay. Here goes....

Return to “Software & Applications”