Headless?

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Gigs

Headless?

Post by Gigs »

I'm fairly new to linux. I'm running Mint 14 XFCE and I'm trying to run it without a keyboard/mouse/monitor. I have teamviewer installed and set to run on startup, with the monitor attached, and with no mouse/keyboard, I can see the computer boot into linux and teamviewer starts fine, everything works, the problem is when I take out the monitor. I boot up the computer, leave for a bit, then try to connect with teamviewer, but I'm not getting a response. I only have one monitor and two computers.

So is there a way to get mint booting properly without the monitor?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Gigs

Re: Headless?

Post by Gigs »

Slgith update to this, I've been searching for quite a while and the only thing I seem to be able to find is making changes to a xorg.conf file, but when I go the directory, the file isn't there. This is really wrecking my head, any help at all would be appreciated vv;
ljonesj
Level 1
Level 1

Post by ljonesj »

you have to set the computer to boot into linux mint with auto login as teamviewer windows ver lets you log in the team viewer with linux does not
usbtux

Post by usbtux »

ljonesj wrote:you have to set the computer to boot into linux mint with auto login as teamviewer windows ver lets you log in the team viewer with linux does not
Also turn off any screensaver and powersaving.
aac74

Post by aac74 »

If the computers are on the same desk a KVM switch is the best solution:

http://www.ebuyer.com/272768-edimax-2-p ... le-ek-2u2c
steve.sansumwright

Post by steve.sansumwright »

I have a PowerMac G5 running headless, I used a KVM to fool it into thinking it has a monitor connected. It works well and I use Remmina to connect to it to do any admin. Its the easiest route I have found. xx
3×5

Post by 3×5 »

I also followed instructions I found on how to modify xorg.conf, only it wasn't there so I created it. It didn't work, though. I would prefer not to have to go get a KVM. There has to be a way to get the gui to boot without a monitor -- no?

Return to “Xfce”