'close this terminal?' [solved]

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
Rita G.
Level 2
Level 2

'close this terminal?' [solved]

Post by Rita G. »

LMDE 201303 Cinnamon 64bit

When closing a terminal, I get a little “close this terminal?” box, which is slightly annoying . . .maybe because I am not used to it . . .but . .

Does anyone know how to stop it from appearing?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
jawgrape

Re: 'close this terminal?'

Post by jawgrape »

The only time I get that cofirmation box is when something is still running in that terminal.

For instance I am using zsh as my default shell in term but if for some reason I switch to bash in a particular term windo and then try to close it then I get the confirmation box you speak of.

So make sure you don't have any actively running processes that were run from that term window.

Hope this helps.
Rita G.
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Rita G. »

just ran a few of quick commands w/nothing else & w/o anything else and $ and # and etc etc. . .

. .and each and every time i close that terminal, I get that box. could it be a bug?
jawgrape

Post by jawgrape »

Ok are you changing to a different user while while running any of the commands and not exiting?

If I "su root" then try to close the terminal that causes the condition for me as well. If so you have to type "exit" to switch back to your default user.

If that is not the case, then post the results of this command. I am hoping it will show the offending process.

Code: Select all

> ps -ef | grep pts
Rita G.
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Rita G. »

Thank you jawgrape;

Yes, I didn't “exit' before closing terminal, so I gather this is the way it is by design. . No problem.

It kinda took me by surprise and I'll be happy to get used to it.

Return to “LMDE Archive”