Adobe shockwave flash player

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
duncan222

Adobe shockwave flash player

Post by duncan222 »

I Keep getting messages to update adobe shockwave flash player, I have downloaded the package and unzipped it but how do I install it ?
Is there another simple way of updating it?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
excollier
Level 4
Level 4

Re: Adobe shockwave flash player

Post by excollier »

Registered Linux user #557695
MX Linux user these days - I introduce newbies via Mint
duncan222

Post by duncan222 »

Thanks for the link, must be me but I am having no success with this.
Is there an easy way for me to uninstall it and then reinstall it in firefox. ?
Using Mint 13 Cinammon
Patrickmm

Post by Patrickmm »

elizabbellasis

Post by elizabbellasis »

On my case, I already have the latest one yet it still asks for an upgrade and I don't know why.
Patrickmm

Post by Patrickmm »

elizabbellasis wrote:On my case, I already have the latest one yet it still asks for an upgrade and I don't know why.
i would uninstall it, Flash, completely and reinstall. When any part of an older version is left over it can cause conflicts.
duncan222

Post by duncan222 »

Still no luck with this.
I can see libflashplayer.so but I cannot see mintflash plugin 11
Yes I have downloaded and unzipped it.

I Note Adobe are no longer supporting further versions for mint, could this be the problem ?

Using Mint 13 Cinnamon (64)
Patrickmm

Post by Patrickmm »

duncan222 wrote:Still no luck with this.

I Note Adobe are no longer supporting further versions for mint, could this be the problem ?

Open the Software Manager, Type in flash in the search box, scroll down to mint-flashplugin, there should be a 10.2 and 10.3 version listed. Click once on each one to see if it says installed or not installed. If either says installed, click on uninstall. See how it all goes from there.
Patrickmm

Post by Patrickmm »

Patrickmm wrote:

Open the Software Manager, Type in flash in the search box, scroll down to mint-flashplugin, there should be a 10.2 and 10.3 version listed. Click once on each one to see if it says installed or not installed. If either says installed, click on uninstall. See how it all goes from there.
The newest Adobe 11.2 version reportedly will be the last Linux version of Flash, so we are all OK for now, as of March 2013.
Patrickmm

Post by Patrickmm »

Patrickmm wrote:
Patrickmm wrote:

The newest Adobe 11.2 version reportedly will be the last Linux version of Flash, so we are all OK for now, as of March 2013.
Also check in Firefox for the latest version. Click on Tools, Add-ons, then Plug-ins. Look for Shockwave Flash. Should say ver 11.2 r202

Return to “Beginner Questions”