SOLVED Mint 14 Package install problem

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Yogiboar

SOLVED Mint 14 Package install problem

Post by Yogiboar »

I'm trying to install True Crypt on my Samsung NC10 with Linux Mint 14 (Nadia).
I've downloaded and extracted the .tar, when I execute the setup file it starts OK, shows me the licence terms, which I input 'yes' to accept.
It then tells me how to uninstall if I need to and then says Installing package, followed by [sudo] password for (my name).
Problem is my keyboard won't input anything, and three tries at entering end in failure.
What am I doing wrong?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
cecar

Re: Mint 14 Package install problem

Post by cecar »

It might look like it's not receiving your input at the sudo prompt. Just write your password and press enter.
Yogiboar

Post by Yogiboar »

Thanks cecar, it worked.
FireSoul
Level 3
Level 3

Post by FireSoul »

Yogiboar wrote:I'm trying to install True Crypt on my Samsung NC10 with Linux Mint 14 (Nadia).
I've downloaded and extracted the .tar, when I execute the setup file it starts OK, shows me the licence terms, which I input 'yes' to accept.
It then tells me how to uninstall if I need to and then says Installing package, followed by [sudo] password for (my name).
Problem is my keyboard won't input anything, and three tries at entering end in failure.
What am I doing wrong?
Hello.
You must change first your keyboard settings for your country.
Go to MENU/SETTINGS/KEYBOARD SETTINGS.
It's usual change your language too MENU/SETTINGS/LANGUAGE SETTINGS.
If not installed Mint still now ,test with live DVD.
You can test all languages,keyboards with live Cinnamon(Nadia).Languages not all before updates.
Load packages from system packages --->MENU ---> Packages,or from MENU --->Synamptic --->search ---> true crypt and add.
Synamptic works often better.

I hope this help you.
Yogiboar

Re: Mint 14 Package install problem SOLVED

Post by Yogiboar »

Thanks, FireSoul,
My Menu contents are different, (no Settings entry), but I checked and my language and keyboard settings seem OK.
I'll mark this as solved, since I managed the install OK.

Return to “Beginner Questions”