Tutorials, Tips, Tricks. what would you like to see. (moved)

Chat about just about anything else
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 30 days after creation.
mintyed

Tutorials, Tips, Tricks. what would you like to see. (moved)

Post by mintyed »

this post has been moved to another section of the forums I feel it fits better. click here

Hi all I am thinking of changing the focus of my website.
http://www.sneekygeekers.com
Sneeky Geekers is a place for all you geeks and people who like to read and find about all things to do with computers and technology. You will find some interesting articles on computers, Linux, Android, photography etc by our authors and from all over the web, in one place for easy access and reading. So enjoy and have fun reading.
I am thinking of focusing on one area and doing really good tutorials, tips and tricks in that.
So I am doing some research and wanting to know what content you, in the Linux mint community, would be wanting to see on my website.

Please let me know your thoughts as this will help me make a decision on weather to go Linux mint or something else.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 07, 2022 4:01 am, edited 5 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 30 days after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
homerscousin

Re: Tutorials, Tips, Tricks. what would you like to see.

Post by homerscousin »

I'll give you one idea. So many times I have visited this forum just to read and maybe learn something, maybe not even related to my current hardware or software needs. Someone posts a question, someone posts a reply and asks the OP to type a command in a terminal. Some of these terminal commands are very useful for presenting system info to aid in troubleshooting. Some are a bit more obscure and much more specific. I have thought of doing this myself, creating my own text file with terminal commands grouped and organized to help a new Linux user. I've seen lots of top 10 type of lists but nothing like what I would like to see. All the commands organised according to usefulness and purpose. Maybe it is out there. I have not found it.
mintyed

Re: Tutorials, Tips, Tricks. what would you like to see.

Post by mintyed »

homerscousin wrote:I'll give you one idea. So many times I have visited this forum just to read and maybe learn something, maybe not even related to my current hardware or software needs. Someone posts a question, someone posts a reply and asks the OP to type a command in a terminal. Some of these terminal commands are very useful for presenting system info to aid in troubleshooting. Some are a bit more obscure and much more specific. I have thought of doing this myself, creating my own text file with terminal commands grouped and organized to help a new Linux user. I've seen lots of top 10 type of lists but nothing like what I would like to see. All the commands organised according to usefulness and purpose. Maybe it is out there. I have not found it.
Good idea if you start compiling anything let me know i am open to putting it on my site referencing. you from this forum as the source.

Return to “Open Chat”