Linux Mint 5 KDE - New Theme

Suggestions and feedback for Linux Mint and the forums
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read: Where to post ideas & feature requests
Rob Loach
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Linux Mint 5 KDE - New Theme

Post by Rob Loach »

I like having the background transparency in the panel. Maybe this could become a part of the default look within Linux Mint in the future?
Sokraates

Post by Sokraates »

I second the thoughts on the theme. There's too much black for my taste. Though probably a change of the alone wallpaper would help. KDE4 doesn't look too bad with all those black panels but it's default wallpaper doesn't have so much black. It's rather dark but it works.

Also making the logo in usplash bigger would be nice. It's a shame to have the beautiful logo drawn so small.

On a sidenote: does anyone know how one can use the default Kubuntu theme in Darya? Wallpaper, KDM and the spalshscreen are there but I can't find the Kubuntu windecs etc (the stuff you change in systemsettings -> appearance).
Zwopper
Level 10
Level 10

Post by Zwopper »

My desktop at the moment looks like this:
Click preview for larger image!
My artwork at deviantART | My Band - Electric Alchemea
CREA DIEM!

Lenovo U330P | i5 | 16GB | 128GB - SSD | Elemantary OS 0.4
locutus
Level 4
Level 4

Post by locutus »

I think you make up your own theme anyway no matter what the default is. I spent a long time getting my theme to be "just right" -- for me! Nobody else has to like it.

I have the tasty menu and the kicker panel up top so it doesn't interfere with the leopard-like dock at the bottom. I like a clean desktop with no icons on it. The _only_ thing I put on my desktop is a superkaramba theme that monitors my cpu's.
Zwopper
Level 10
Level 10

Post by Zwopper »

I'm using the KDE-Mint logo that I modified as icon for the tasty menu, looks good I think.
080331 - MintMenu-button.png
CREA DIEM!

deadguy
Level 5
Level 5

Post by deadguy »

Zwopper wrote:I'm using the KDE-Mint logo that I modified as icon for the tasty menu, looks good I think.
I think it looks great!

so great in fact that I did the same :D
kde nice6.png
hope you don't mind Zwopper!!

Thanks,

Deadguy
Zwopper
Level 10
Level 10

Post by Zwopper »

deadguy wrote:
Zwopper wrote:I'm using the KDE-Mint logo that I modified as icon for the tasty menu, looks good I think.
I think it looks great!

so great in fact that I did the same :D
kde nice6.png
hope you don't mind Zwopper!!

Thanks,

Deadguy
Ofcourse I don't mind, I'm honored!
CREA DIEM!

tank116

Post by tank116 »

i love the darker themes thay are easy on the eyes when u have to work on a machine all day the bright colours make my eyes strain but thats my 2 cents. I also agree the the default install should have no icons on the desktop if i want icons on it ill put them there my self. but i would at least like one dark theme resembling the the default in the KDE CE edition the only thing i have changed is the wall paper to the agustmint504-kde and the redshift v2 for firefox.
Jernau

Post by Jernau »

ed@Mint wrote:(And, by the way, putting ugly icons over Zwopper and Jernau art would be much like heresy ! :lol: )
:lol: :oops: :mrgreen:
ed@Mint wrote:So the only thing i do is switching wallpapers since there are so much great ones on these forums... But i keep coming back to metal mint or carbon mint which are really close to Daryna's default...
I feel I can admit that my wallpaper is also still set to Carbon Mint (version 4). In a way I'm slightly disappointed that I haven't bettered my first wallpaper, thereby proving that it was just beginner's luck! :D
McLovin

Post by McLovin »

Ok, there is a problem with setting a default theme, looks are too subjective, just look at this post, some ppl love the default theme, others hate it, it's all a matter of what you like. The Mint Art-Team has been formed, and we will be working making new artwork for all the releases, and trying to get some additional themes into the repos so they can be installed quickly and easily, but we need some artist to do this, as of yet, there are only 3 of us. The idea of making the default theme something else, is just too difficult though, if you make it too flashy, some ppl will love, some will hate, just like the current one.
Zwopper
Level 10
Level 10

Post by Zwopper »

Let's gather up a few and have a vote and we'll see.
CREA DIEM!

Return to “Suggestions & Feedback”