wireless not working. SOLVED

Questions about Wi-Fi and other network devices, file sharing, firewalls, connection sharing etc
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Brian_Blueberry

wireless not working. SOLVED

Post by Brian_Blueberry »

hello I have an Acer aspire one netbook that I've installed mint14-cinnamon 32-bit. I have internet through the lan cable but I do not see any wireless anything. When I type the sudo /usr/lib/linuxmint/mintWifi/mintWifi.py into the terminal it simply says command not found. I'm new to the linux as of today. everything else seems to be working perfectly say for the wifi. If anyone can walk me through my circumstance it'd be appreciated
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
ashtonford
Level 2
Level 2

Re: wireless not working

Post by ashtonford »

it seems most recently updated distros are having wireless problems, and for the most part have been basically ignored. Ive been having countless disconnects with my wireless. Its most likely kernel related. The best thing to do at the moment is to hard wire your lap top thats what I have done. Not a fix but it will get you going till someone sees that the wireless problem is wide spread and needs to be addressed.
Brian_Blueberry

Re: wireless not working

Post by Brian_Blueberry »

So I searched the software manager to see if there was anything in there that could help me and I downloaded Wicd network manager. all better. currently running off my wireless card onto my home network flawlessly.
1984obrien

Re: wireless not working. SOLVED

Post by 1984obrien »

Thank you for your post. Alas 4 hours too late for me. :shock:

Return to “Networking”