hello i need help

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
camlander

hello i need help

Post by camlander »

hello
ok ive installed linuxmint 14 and its all fully installed but im having problems with my mouse and ethanet connection
i have a razer mouse and the courser pops up in the mid of my screen but i cant move or click it and my net will not connect
sorry im quite noobie would love help aspa
thanks
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
camlander

Re: hello i need help

Post by camlander »

ok i think its my motherboard none of the usbs or Ethernet ports are working are there drivers for this :cry:
ive been looking for a motherboard driver but i can not find 1
i have a gigabyte GA-970A-D3 motherboard and im using its built in Ethernet port
catweazel
Level 19
Level 19

Re: hello i need help

Post by catweazel »

Check the contents of /var/log/syslog

Code: Select all

cat var/log/syslog | less
If there are any error messages, post them here, but please wrap them in code markers from the BB panel above.
"There is, ultimately, only one truth -- cogito, ergo sum -- everything else is an assumption." - Me, my swansong.

Return to “Beginner Questions”