Volume control gone, how to get it back?

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read this

Volume control gone, how to get it back?

Postby magnus.therning on Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:27 am

In true newbie style I must have somehow messed up the LMDE sources.list because I didn't receive any updates for a long time. When I noticed this weekend I took the opportunity to clean out the system somewhat at the same time as updating it. This is when I managed to remove the volume controls that used to be available on the desktop. In an attempt at speeding up getting them back I thought I'd turn here. Which is the magic package I should install in order to get the desktop volume controls back?
magnus.therning
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Volume control gone, how to get it back?

Postby awshidahak on Sat Apr 06, 2013 6:19 pm

Assuming you're using the MATE desktop

First try this: Right click on your panel and select Add to panel... From that box, try adding the Volume Control applet. If it's not in the list, then try installing the mate-applets package. Then try adding it back using the Add to panel... dialog.
awshidahak
Level 1
Level 1

Return to Newbie Questions