Error transferring track?

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
obscenelyappropriate

Error transferring track?

Post by obscenelyappropriate »

Today, I discovered that about 27 songs on my computer that used to play fine in rhythmbox now give me an error saying "Didn't get a playback URI for entry file:[path and name of the song file]." What is a playback URI and how do I fix this problem?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
DrHu

Re: Error transferring track?

Post by DrHu »

Exactly that: the location (path) to the files
--probably easiest to dump the songs to a folder on your /home or music, which I think is one of the default /home folder names provided: you can always make your own
the path/device has to be working (readable) in order to get the data: file(s)

Or use a usb device and collect them there, and decide where you want them, the other choice would be the default /home directory (folder) that rhythmbox uses (should be a hidden, dot (.rythm???) folder name, and your other songs will be there
--a quick find is to use the file manager you have and search for a song that works: that will

I can't find any user guide, that covers much, but the help within the program should be enough, and if you need some file that is not being included, check your package manager to see any additions that exist for rhythmbox..
obscenelyappropriate

Maybe I wasn't being clear. I get that error message if I try to drag and drop the song from its folder into my library on Rhythmbox.
obscenelyappropriate

I think I've found the culprit. The songs that won't play all seem to be .m4p files, whereas all the songs that will play are some other type of audio file. I'm going to go see if I can find something to convert these files.

Return to “Beginner Questions”