Windows randomly show on all workspaces, I can't disable it.

Please post suggestions for improvement of Cinnamon on:
https://github.com/linuxmint/Cinnamon
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
geoffm

Windows randomly show on all workspaces, I can't disable it.

Post by geoffm »

I've been experiencing an extremely annoying bug in the last few days. Windows will randomly show up in all workspaces, and if I click Only on this workspace it dooesn't change it. Right now I have one firefox window showing in only workspace #1 and another firefox window showing on all workspaces. The one that shows on one workspace I can show it on all workspaces and put it back showing on only one. The other one won't toggle it is stuck on all workspaces. I haven't found how to make it reproductible, it seems random so far.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Orbmiser

Re: Windows randomly show on all workspaces, I can't disable

Post by Orbmiser »

Did you troubleshoot by deleting the other workspaces. Run it a bit reboot then add back the workspaces?
Sorry just guessing here. And might help if you tell us what Mint & graphics chipset and whether you are using the default open drivers or proprietary drivers.
geoffm

OMG this is embarassing lol

Post by geoffm »

I just figured it out, I can't believe I didn't just realise that before. So obvious.
There's this setting in Cinnamon/Workspaces "Only use workspaces on primary monitor"
The windows that are shown on all workspaces are systematically the ones in my laptop screen, the ones in the external monitor have their independant workspaces.

Return to “Cinnamon”