My Music Folder is not showing files on Linux Mint 13 64-bit

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Olympus

My Music Folder is not showing files on Linux Mint 13 64-bit

Post by Olympus »

I have downloaded videos and MP3s from youtube using clipgrab and the video files are showing up in the video folder but the MP3s are not showing up in the music folder or even in the video folder. Does any know what I need to do to get the MP3s to show up in the music folder? I am using Linux Mint 13 64bit.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Olympus

Re: My Music Folder is not showing files on Linux Mint 13 64

Post by Olympus »

I think its the software clipgrab that is malfunctioning because I can use WinFF to convert the videos to MP3 and it works fine.
TheObserver

Post by TheObserver »

Hi, I have the same problem now! Which didn't occur to me, a cople of days ago.
I think they might've updated it... ?

When I try downloading a video, saving it to mp3 the downloader seems to dl it, but when I check for the file after it's done. There is now file appearing in the directory!!!

But it is possible to dl it into *ogg -So I can convert it later on.
That might be okay for now but I will get tired of that eventually!!

If anyone knows how to fix the problem, or knows any good alternative to the program, please let us know!
TheObserver

Post by TheObserver »

I'm really disapointed that no one replies to this matter. I don't blame anyone here, but it seems only few people have that kind of an issue with clipgrab

Fellow useres if you read this and you don't know how to help fixing the underlying issue, you maybe still know some better alternative to clipgrab?

Cheers!
ausmuso

Post by ausmuso »

TheObserver wrote:Fellow useres if you read this and you don't know how to help fixing the underlying issue, you maybe still know some better alternative to clipgrab?

Sorry nobody seems to help you with Clipgrab, TheObserver, I couldn't either because I've never used it. I always use DownloadHelper, a Firefox add-on, and I've never had any problems with it. It creates a folder "Dwhelper" in your home directory and stores its downloads there.
Don't know if this helps, but you may like to give it a try!
TheObserver

Post by TheObserver »

Thanks for your answer ausmuso.
I checked out Downloadhelper I like the basic concept of it but:

I can't convert to mp3, while all the other formats are working!

I'm almost certain now that the whole issue comes from a missing mp3 codec. Downloadhelper is using the ffmpeg codec for mp3 convrting.
If I woulnd't have the codec, the path of it in the programs settings would be red, which it isn't!
To be sure i also checked if I have the codec file in in my system. And it's there under /usr/bin/ "ffmpeg"

Maybe I need to update/replace existing mp3 codecs??
How'd I do that?? :?:
Deadeye

Post by Deadeye »

I am also using DownloadHelper and had problems until I told it to use AVConv and installed the package "libavcodec-extra-53".

However, I'm using Mint 14.

Hope this helps!
gadlol
Level 1
Level 1

Post by gadlol »

I have the same problem with clipgrab (3.2.0.11) on mint 14 cinnamon

Return to “Beginner Questions”