How to see what *I* installed?

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Q-collective

How to see what *I* installed?

Post by Q-collective »

So, I'm going to reinstall Mint to setup an LVM+Encryption and I wondered if there is an easy way to see what I installed on my system? I'm talking about packages that I installed either directly through apt-get or through the Software Manager front-end.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
FireSoul
Level 3
Level 3

Re: How to see what *I* installed?

Post by FireSoul »

Q-collective wrote:So, I'm going to reinstall Mint to setup an LVM+Encryption and I wondered if there is an easy way to see what I installed on my system? I'm talking about packages that I installed either directly through apt-get or through the Software Manager front-end.
Hello.

Maybe the easiest way to see all packages is to go to synaptic and look what packages are with green mark.All marked packages are installed,but see some only part of programs.
You can see information when klick file you want.
Right buttom of mouse show for you what can do and choose .Don't remove packages what you don't know,it can cause problems use mint.

It's better use own packages of linux distro,so use them from synaptic ,or from package manger.They are the same in both.

I hope this help you.
viking777

Post by viking777 »

Q-collective wrote:So, I'm going to reinstall Mint to setup an LVM+Encryption and I wondered if there is an easy way to see what I installed on my system? I'm talking about packages that I installed either directly through apt-get or through the Software Manager front-end.
Mintbackup should do this for you (backup software section). I have to admit I have never used it for real though, only played with it, so I don't know how good it is.
Q-collective

Post by Q-collective »

viking777 wrote:
Mintbackup should do this for you (backup software section). I have to admit I have never used it for real though, only played with it, so I don't know how good it is.
Exactly what I was looking for! Thanks!

Return to “Beginner Questions”