Speaker Volume MintLinux vs Windows XP Pro

Chat about just about anything else
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 30 days after creation.
DavidG

Speaker Volume MintLinux vs Windows XP Pro

Post by DavidG »

I want to know WHY when I use the XP Pro drive, the volume is barely gooed enough to hear it max'd out. BUT, when I have MintLinux or Ubuntu Drive in this IBM Laptop (T43) the volume is POWERFUL! Most of the time have to turn it down, too loud, why can't Microsoft do that?

Linux seems to make things wokr that normally don't on Microsoft. I have a hard drive that Microsoft claimed is bad, could only use 8.1 GB from a 40 GB Drive. grrrrr
But, pop into the Linux OS and I have a full 40 GB drive - Why?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 07, 2022 4:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 30 days after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Re: Speaker Volume MintLinux vs Windows XP Pro

Post by xenopeek »

Who can say? But as this is more about Windows not working right, moving it here.
DavidG

Re: Speaker Volume MintLinux vs Windows XP Pro

Post by DavidG »

After using Mint 14, I am not all that impressed with Windows. I liked Ubuntu and SuSE, but something seemed to be missing. Mint seems to be in my Laptop more than windows XP Pro- only mainly because everything works!

The volume - I don't understand why? Same Laptop, just different drive. IBM T43 is an easy harddrive switch, slide out and slide other in with caddy sled.
Windows XP Pro gives me not much volume and the sound is crackly
MintLinux 14, the sound is awsome zero crackly and the volume is loud on max.

There are other things on this IBM that work much better with Mint - is the drivers for Linux that much better?

Return to “Open Chat”