Wood Mint Mate theme

Style your desktop
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Brahim Salem

Wood Mint Mate theme

Post by Brahim Salem »

Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
homerscousin

Re: Wood Mint Mate theme

Post by homerscousin »

Hi, Brahim. How the heck is it going. I've seen some of your artwork and tutorials here, there and at the U.E. forum. You seem to be interested in a unique desktop appearance. Maybe you can help me with this question. I know very little about theme creation and the technical boundaries and what is possible. I would like to replace the plain old flat color, which is basically black,(title bar, menu bar, scroll bar button etc) in my current theme, and use something from an image file. I have a very nice hi-res black granite image with all the gold and red speckles and wispy lacings of color that make granite so pleasing to look at. Can I take that image and apply that instead of a straight color for various parts of a theme? Know what I mean?
Brahim Salem

Post by Brahim Salem »

Here is a theme that you can work around it by editing the png files with Gimp: http://linuxmint-art.org/content/show.p ... ent=158027
You can also edit the gtkrc file under gtk2.o and the metacity-1 for window borders
Good luck :D
Jerry

Post by Jerry »

Is there a possibility of this same theme without the cowgirl? I mean she is sexy and all, I just dont care to have her right in front.
Brahim Salem

Post by Brahim Salem »

:lol: :lol: :lol: Yes :lol: :lol: just grab the theme 'n you'll be fine :lol:
homerscousin

Post by homerscousin »

To Brahim: It's been a while. I think I need to explain a bit further. I can open certain theme files on my KDE install, .svg files or something like that. I see the colors defined as RGB- like 255,255,255. I would like to replace those colors with a 'texture map' is that the correct terminology? I have not seen one single Linux theme that does this, so I assume it is not possible. Windows Blinds (whatever that software is named ) can apply textures to various window parts, but it looks crappy to me. I want to use that granite image I have and apply that to buttons, or title bars, or whatever. I don't think I can unless I want to get serious into coding. Know what I mean a bit better ?

Return to “Themes, Icons & Wallpaper”