Cannot run ubuntu-one on LM13 MATE

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
ummagumma
Level 1
Level 1

Cannot run ubuntu-one on LM13 MATE

Post by ummagumma »

I have been trying to install ubuntu-one and not really succeeding. This is what I have done so far...

Installed ubuntuone-gnome-client (I think thats what it's called) using software manager. I then ran the configuration tool which appeared on the menu which installed the application, apparently but nothing further happened.

Not being sure what to do next I ran the configuration tool again, still nothing. Running the config tool from the terminal yields...
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/bin/ubuntuone-control-panel-qt", line 29, in <module>
from ubuntuone.controlpanel.gui.qt import main
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/ubuntuone-control-panel/ubuntuone/controlpanel/gui/__init__.py", line 26, in <module>
from ubuntuone.controlpanel.backend import UBUNTUONE_LINK
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/ubuntuone-control-panel/ubuntuone/controlpanel/backend.py", line 27, in <module>
from ubuntuone.platform.credentials import CredentialsManagementTool
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/ubuntuone-client/ubuntuone/platform/__init__.py", line 34, in <module>
from ubuntu_sso.xdg_base_directory import xdg_home
ImportError: No module named xdg_base_directory
Have to be honest, I don't really understand what's happening, nor the error.

Any ideas?

System is LM13 MATE edition
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
keithleffler

Re: Cannot run ubuntu-one on LM13 MATE

Post by keithleffler »

I'm getting the same error after following the same instructions. From a Python terminal, I can successfully import ubuntu-sso, but not ubuntu-sso.xdg_base_directory. An iPython auto complete of

from ubuntu_sso import

yields:

BACKEND_EXECUTABLE UI_EXECUTABLE_QT keyring
DBUS_ACCOUNT_PATH UI_PROXY_CREDS_DIALOG logger
DBUS_BUS_NAME UI_SSL_DIALOG main
DBUS_CREDENTIALS_IFACE USER_CANCELLATION networkstate
DBUS_CREDENTIALS_PATH USER_SUCCESS qt
DBUS_IFACE_USER_NAME account utils
EXCEPTION_RAISED constants
NO_OP credentials

Perhaps a missing module?
jkis

Post by jkis »

I have exactly the same problem, also on Mint 13 MATE. I received the same traceback results when running "ubuntuone-installer" in Terminal.

Has anyone some idea how toresolve this problem? I just hesitate to reinstall Ubuntu instead of my fresh Mint since I absolutely need UbuntuOne.
jrs

Post by jrs »

I just came across the problem that xdg_base_directory is missing when trying to start ubuntuone-installer in Mint 13 MATE 64bit. I could make it starting by downgrading the package version from 4.0.0 to 3.0.2 of the packages:

python-ubuntu-sso-client
python-ubuntuone-control-panel (version 3.0.1)
python-ubuntuone-storageprotocol
ubuntuone-client-proxy
ubuntuone-control-panel-common
ubuntuone-installer

(did this inside synaptic by choosing Package->Force Version for each of these packages)

Now the problem is that the installer sticks at this screen:

The progress bar just doesn't move.

Any idea how to fix this or how to analyze the problem?

EDIT:
just found out that the progress bar wasn't moving because I had synaptic running which blocked apt. Now other problems arise:

Well, it seems like messing with different package versions isn't the best solution as it introduces other problems ...
igrossiter

Post by igrossiter »

i'm getting the same problem, any news on this?
RVDigital

Post by RVDigital »

For anyone still having this issue, the following page provides a fix for Ubuntu One not appearing in the launcher. After applying the fix, the app is immediately available for launch.

http://blog.linux4us.org/2013/01/27/ubu ... x-mint-14/
igrossiter

Post by igrossiter »

the problem was not the ubuntu one launcher missing... we could not launch it because of the error listed above.

Sadly I have gived up on using it. Now I'm using Copy that works very fine (10gb).

Return to “Software & Applications”