Dual monitor panel & desktop icons issue (Cinnamon)

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
physe

Dual monitor panel & desktop icons issue (Cinnamon)

Post by physe »

Hello,

i'm running Mint 13 64bit with Cinnamon on my laptop.
I added an external VGA monitor, which in my current setup is located to the right of my laptop.

When I connected it my system seemed to adapt pretty well to the new configuration, I just adjusted its position using settings > monitor.
Only the desktop icons were gone, it seems something like a Nautilus/Nemo problem, because sometimes they appear again if I open any folder.

Today I tried to configure the dual monitor setup with Jupiter, selecting Video Displays > Both Displays (internal left).
This simple action permanently moved my panel on the external monitor, i.e. on the monitor on the right. I tried to revert back to its original, correct position (panel on my laptop screen) by changing Jupiter and Cinnamon settings, but I could manage nothing.

Is there anybody who may help me with this? It is quite annoying, since I'd like to use my external monitor to keep articles or web pages open, rather than having to use it continuosly to reach my apps.

Thanks in advance!

EDIT: I should probably add that my system runs Bumblebee and I want both monitors to work with the integrated HD Intel graphic card.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
physe

Re: Dual monitor panel & desktop icons issue (Cinnamon)

Post by physe »

Is anybody able to help? It seems that handling of dual monitor is a common issue here :(
YoelT

Post by YoelT »

I had to abandon Cinnamon and switch to KDE in order to get multi-monitors to work.
physe

Post by physe »

Cinnamon @ Mint 15 Olivia: it all seems to work out-of-the-box.

Return to “Graphics Cards & Monitors”